If you're an employer or a job hunter, you may be wondering how CareerBuilder can help you. CareerBuilder is a job marketplace and recruitment platform that offers a wide range of features to make the hiring process easier and more efficient. In this article, we'll provide a comprehensive CareerBuilder review, including its key features, plans, and pricing.
This review will focus on CareerBuilder, however, if you are looking for other options, we would recommend ZipRecruiter. ZipRecruiter offers free job searching for jobseekers and a free trial for job seekers. If you’re on a tight budget, consider using a free job posting site.
- CareerBuilder is a job marketplace and recruitment platform that offers a wide range of features to make the hiring process easier and more efficient.
- CareerBuilder is a user-friendly platform that allows employers to post jobs, view resumes, track and screen applicants, and manage candidates, and job seekers to search for job opportunities, create resumes, and receive job alerts.
- With its advanced AI features, CareerBuilder makes it easier for employers to find the right candidates and for job seekers to find the right job.
Overview of CareerBuilder
If you're an employer or job seeker, CareerBuilder can be a valuable resource for you. CareerBuilder is an online job board that connects job seekers with employers. It offers a wide range of job listings, resume search, and other features that can help you find the right job or candidate.
CareerBuilder was founded in 1995 and has since grown to become one of the largest job boards in the world, with over 60 million job seekers and 25 million job listings. It has a user-friendly interface and offers a variety of tools to help job seekers and employers find the right match.
One of the key features of CareerBuilder is its resume search tool. Employers can search through millions of resumes to find the right candidate for their job opening. They can also post job listings and receive applications directly through the platform.
CareerBuilder offers a variety of pricing plans to fit the needs of different businesses. Its most popular plan is the "Standard" plan, which includes features like applicant tracking, candidate management, and career site hosting. However, some features like applicant tracking and career sites cost extra.
Key Features of CareerBuilder
CareerBuilder is a comprehensive recruitment platform that offers a wide range of features to both employers and job seekers. Here are some of the key features that make CareerBuilder stand out from the competition. Note, some of these are additional, paid features and are not included in the standard pricing.
With CareerBuilder, you can post job openings on the platform and reach a large pool of qualified candidates. The platform offers a variety of job posting options, including pay-per-post, subscription plans, and custom packages. You can also use CareerBuilder's job posting templates to create professional job listings quickly and easily.
CareerBuilder's Talent Discovery feature allows you to search for and connect with top talent from a database of over 40 million resumes. You can use advanced search filters to find candidates who meet your specific hiring criteria, and then reach out to them directly through the platform.
CareerBuilder's Employer Branding feature helps you build a strong employer brand and attract top talent to your organization. You can create a custom career site that showcases your company culture and values, and use CareerBuilder's social media integration tools to promote your brand on popular social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
CareerBuilder Analytics provides you with real-time data and insights into your recruitment campaigns. You can track the performance of your job postings, monitor candidate engagement, and measure the ROI of your recruitment efforts. This data can help you optimize your recruitment strategy and make data-driven decisions to improve your hiring process.
Overall, CareerBuilder is a powerful recruitment platform that offers a wide range of features to help you find and hire top talent. Whether you're an employer looking to fill open positions or a job seeker searching for your next career opportunity, CareerBuilder has the tools and resources you need to succeed.
CareerBuilder Pricing Plans
CareerBuilder is free to job seekers; you can upload your resume for free and search the open jobs.
If you're looking to use CareerBuilder as an employer, you might be interested in knowing more about the platform's pricing plans. CareerBuilder offers four different plans: Pay As You Go, Lite, Standard, and Pro. Each plan includes different features and pricing options.
Pay As You Go
The Pay As You Go plan is a flexible plan that charges you one time to post a single job. This plan costs $425 and includes the following features:
- 1 job posting, available for 12 months
- 150 resume views per month
- 35 job boost emails to top candidates
The Lite Plan is the most basic and is designed for small businesses and startups. This plan costs $349 per month and includes the following features:
- 1 job posting, available for 1 month
- 150 resume views per month
- 35 job boost emails to top candidates
- Free trial
The Lite Plan is a good option if you're just starting and don't have a large number of job postings.
The Standard Plan is designed for growing businesses and costs $449 per month. This plan includes all the features of the Lite Plan, plus:
- 3 job postings, available for 1 month
- 200 resume views per month
- 100 job boost emails to top candidates
- Free trial
The Standard Plan is a good option if you're looking to expand your business and need more job postings.
The Pro Plan is designed for large businesses and costs $499 per month. This plan includes all the features of the Standard Plan, plus:
- 5 job postings, available for 1 month
- 350 resume views per month
- 150 job boost emails to top candidates
- Free trial
The Pro Plan is a good option if you have a large number of job postings and need more advanced candidate management tools.
It's worth noting that CareerBuilder also offers custom pricing options for enterprise-level companies with more complex hiring needs. You can contact their sales team for more information on these plans.
Benefits of Using CareerBuilder
If you're an employer looking to hire or a job seeker looking for a new opportunity, CareerBuilder is a platform that offers a range of features to help you achieve your goals. Here are some benefits of using CareerBuilder:
CareerBuilder offers a searchable candidate database with over 40 million resumes and provides insights about each candidate that go beyond their resume. This feature can help you find the best fit for your company and save time in the recruitment process.
In addition, CareerBuilder offers job description writing assistance powered by AI, which can help you create compelling job postings that attract top talent. You can also use the platform's dashboard to manage the recruiting process and communicate with candidates.
- CareerBuilder connects employers with a vast pool of unique and diverse job seekers in the US and beyond.
- The platform features job boards dedicated to individual countries, including those in Europe and Asia.
- Insight about each candidate that goes way beyond their resume.
- Employers can choose from monthly and annual job posting packages.
- Job postings are visible to over 20 million active job seekers through syndication to partners like Google and Facebook.
- The centralized recruiting platform powered by AI allows users to rate, sort, save, and comment on job applicants.
- The platform provides access to a database of over 100 million resumes and profiles.
- Employers can receive AI-matched candidate alerts via email or on the platform.
- The recruitment platform fully integrates with employers' applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Offers short, 5-day free trials of most pricing plans.
For Job Seekers
CareerBuilder lets you post your resume and search and apply for positions. Here are some of the key features you can benefit from:
- The ability to apply to 25+ jobs with one click
- A mobile app (available on Apple and Android devices) so you can manage your job search from anywhere
- Job alert emails so you can move fast on new opportunities
- Salary comparison tools so you know if you’re getting paid fairly
- Learning articles to help you advance in your career
The best part? CareerBuilder is free for job seekers, so you won’t have to pay a dime for the service.
CareerBuilder offers a wide range of job opportunities across various industries and locations. You can use the platform's search filters to find jobs that match your skills, experience, and preferences.
If you’re wanting to get ahead of the crowd, consider using a resume writing service to make your application stand out.
Drawbacks of CareerBuilder
When it comes to job posting and candidate matching tools, CareerBuilder offers a lot of great features. However, there are a few drawbacks to keep in mind when considering this platform.
- The "Pay As You Go" plan can be pricey for businesses that only require one job posting. This plan is not the most cost-effective option, especially for small businesses with a limited budget.
- The number of resume views is limited to 150-350 per month (depending on the pricing plan), which can be problematic for recruiters who need to view more resumes.
- CareerBuilder is not the biggest or most affordable option available on the market. While it offers useful AI features, it may not be the best choice for all job seekers or recruiters.
- Some users have reported issues with the user interface, finding it difficult to navigate and use effectively. This can be frustrating and time-consuming for those who are not tech-savvy.
Overall, while CareerBuilder has many great features, it's important to keep these drawbacks in mind when deciding whether or not to use this platform for your recruitment needs.
How to Post a Job on CareerBuilder for Employers
Posting a job on CareerBuilder is straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Click on ‘Post a Job.’
- Enter the job title to see a potential number of candidate matches.
- Enter the location to see a narrowed down number of potential matches.
- Click ‘Post This Job’, purchase a one-time, monthly, or annual plan, or contact CareerBuilder for a custom quote.
- Fill out the form with the position’s details.
How to Find and Apply for Jobs on CareerBuilder
Before you search for and apply to jobs, you should create an account. The process is simple. Fill in a few fields and upload your resume. If you don’t have one, CareerBuilder offers a free, three-step resume builder.
Now that you’re a registered user, here’s what to do next:
- Search for jobs by title, military code, or skills. Don’t forget to specify where you want to work — whether that’s in a particular city or remotely from home.
- Refine your search by job type (full-time, part-time, freelance, etc.), date posted, pay, and other parameters.
- To apply, click on the button in the job post. Please note: It may take you to the hiring company’s website.
CareerBuilder vs. The Industry
When it comes to job portals, there are plenty of options available in the market. Each platform has its own set of features, plans, and pricing. Here, we will compare CareerBuilder with some of the other popular job portals.
CareerBuilder vs. ZipRecruiter
Both CareerBuilder and ZipRecruiter are popular online job boards that connect job seekers with employers. However, there are some key differences between the two platforms. CareerBuilder offers job boards dedicated to individual countries, including those in Europe and Asia, while ZipRecruiter focuses primarily on the US.
Additionally, CareerBuilder's centralized recruiting platform is powered by AI, allowing users to rate, sort, save, and comment on job applicants, while ZipRecruiter's platform is more straightforward and user-friendly. While both platforms offer various job posting packages, CareerBuilder's packages tend to be more expensive than ZipRecruiter's.
Ultimately, the choice between CareerBuilder and ZipRecruiter will depend on your specific needs and preferences as an employer or job seeker.
For more information, check out our guide on CareerBuilder vs ZipRecruiter.
CareerBuilder vs. Indeed
Indeed is one of the most popular job portals, with over 300 million unique visitors every month. It offers a wide range of job postings, including full-time, part-time, and remote jobs.
However, when it comes to features, CareerBuilder has an edge over Indeed. CareerBuilder's AI-powered job posting and candidate matching tools provide more accurate and relevant results.
Additionally, CareerBuilder offers advanced search options and a wider range of recruiting tools. Indeed is more affordable, with free job postings and a pay-per-click model.
For more information, check out our comparison of CareerBuilder vs Indeed.
CareerBuilder vs. LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a social media platform for professionals, with over 900 million members worldwide. It offers a job posting feature, which allows employers to post jobs and reach out to potential candidates.
When compared to CareerBuilder, LinkedIn falls short in terms of recruiting tools and features. CareerBuilder offers a wider range of recruiting tools, including candidate screening, background checks, and applicant tracking.
Additionally, CareerBuilder's AI-powered job posting and candidate matching tools provide more accurate and relevant results. However, LinkedIn has a wider network of professionals, making it easier to find potential candidates.
To learn more, read our full comparison guide on CareerBuilder vs LinkedIn.
CareerBuilder vs. Glassdoor
Glassdoor is a job portal that offers job postings, company reviews, and salary information. It has over 55 million unique visitors every month. When compared to CareerBuilder, Glassdoor has a smaller pool of job postings and a limited range of recruiting tools.
However, Glassdoor is more affordable, with free job postings and a pay-per-click model. Additionally, Glassdoor's company reviews and salary information make it a valuable resource for job seekers.
To learn more about these two companies, read our resource comparing CareerBuilder vs Glassdoor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does CareerBuilder offer a free trial?
Yes, CareerBuilder offers a free trial for employers. With the free trial, you can post your job for free for 5 days or until your jobs receive 5 applications in total (whichever occurs first)
How much does it cost to post a job on CareerBuilder?
CareerBuilder offers different plans for employers depending on their needs. The plans start at $349 per month for one job posting and go up to $749 per month for 5 job postings. There is also a pay-as-you-go option available, which starts at $425 for one job posting.
What are the features included in CareerBuilder's plans?
CareerBuilder offers a range of features for employers, including AI-powered job posting and candidate matching tools, advanced search options, and a resume database. Some of the other features include job distribution to over 140 job boards, applicant tracking, and reporting and analytics.
Is there a fee to use CareerBuilder?
Yes, there is a fee to use CareerBuilder's services as an employer. The fees vary depending on the plan you choose and the number of job postings you need. CareerBuilder is free to use as a job seeker.
Which job posting site is better: CareerBuilder or ZipRecruiter?
It depends on your specific needs as an employer. CareerBuilder offers a wider range of features, including AI-powered job posting and candidate matching tools, while ZipRecruiter is more affordable and offers a simpler interface. You should evaluate both options and choose the one that best fits your needs.
Can you post on CareerBuilder for free?
Employers can’t post jobs for free on CareerBuilder. However, job seekers can publish their resumes and search for jobs at no cost.
Final Thoughts on CareerBuilder
CareerBuilder is a solid choice for both employers and job seekers. The key features like the user-friendly interface, AI-powered features, and extensive job listings, CareerBuilder is a great platform to find or post job opportunities.
It’s worth noting that CareerBuilder is not the only job search platform available. Depending on your specific needs, other platforms may be a better fit. For example, if you're looking for a platform with a strong focus on remote work opportunities, you may want to consider FlexJobs. CareerBuilder helps unite talent with professional opportunities. But, companies should always keep their options open and be willing to explore other services that can help them hire a qualified workforce.
ZipRecruiter can help with all of your hiring needs. If you are ready to add to your team, consider listing your job opening on ZipRecruiter!