We recommend ZipRecruiter as the best job posting site because it’s a premium job posting platform, and they let you post your first job for free. After your first job post, ZipRecruiter will customize a plan and price for your company's unique hiring needs.
Why trust us?
Hi, I’m Mike Gardon, serial entrepreneur who has hired hundreds of employees for startups and small businesses. I’ve written countless job descriptions and posted jobs on all the major platforms - always looking for the most cost effective way to hire.
Our team researched all the best free job posting sites so that recruiters and employers can utilize a variety of ways to find quality job candidates. We categorized them and ranked them according to 4 criteria: reach, support, integration and true cost. This is a constantly evolving list that is always updated when we find new options.
Before we dive into reviews of each free job posting board, let’s look at the top job posting sites that made our list.
Post Your First Job Free With ZipRecruiter Start with ZipRecruiter today to find the best candidates out there.
Post Your First Job Free With ZipRecruiter
Start with ZipRecruiter today to find the best candidates out there.Get Started With ZipRecruiter
Best Free Job Posting Sites
- ZipRecruiter - Best Overall Job Posting Site (Free Trial)
- UpWork - Best Job Posting Site For Freelance Talent
- LinkedIn - Best Free Job Posting Site
- HomeBase - Best Job Posting Site For Hourly Employees
- Wellfound - Best Job Posting Site For Developers and Tech
- Handshake - Best Job Posting Site For College Students
Last year, a record 4.5 million Americans quit their jobs in November, another 4.3 million quit in December, and a record 10.9 million U.S. jobs have remain unfilled since September, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This employee exodus is being referred to as The Great Resignation. With the recent economic shift, there’s a chance we start to see a surplus of job seekers and the quality of available talent should rise.
If you are looking to hire new employees, it makes total sense to use a free job posting site to get your position the visibility it needs. There is a lot of talent out there to hire and a lot of competition for that talent. Make sure they can find you.
Reviews Of The Best Free Job Posting Sites
Job Posting Sites With Free Trials
- ZipRecruiter - Best In Category ZipRecruiter allows an employer to post one job to multiple online job boards at the same time. The site claims that you can post your job to over 100 job boards, one of which is their own. Your first job post on ZipRecruiter is free. After that, you will have to choose a pricing option that works best for your company and exactly how many positions you’re trying to fill. For more information, read our ZipRecruiter review.
Get Started With ZipRecruiter
- MightyRecruiter claims to have over 17 million resumes! This site is a platform designed for recruiting. You can cross-post to multiple job boards at one time for free for 30 days. Some of these job boards include LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Career Builder. With a free account, you are able to post to 20+ job boards, while paid accounts, starting at $189 per month, post jobs to over 100 sites.
- Glassdoor allows companies to manage their company reviews and also offers a professional job board. You can try out Glassdoor’s job board free for 30 days. Paid plans cost $549 per month for five job postings. For more information, read our Glassdoor review.
- Adzuna is one of the most popular global job boards and is visited by millions of candidates every month. You can post one job for free to try out this site.
- FlexJobs is a popular job board to find remote employees. FlexJobs allows you to post 5 job postings to their database for free. FlexJobs has a variety of paid plans to fit the needs of every employer. Additionally, they offer unlimited posting for one flat rate! FlexJobs is a great place to post if you are looking for remote or hybrid employees.
Best Overall Free Job Posting Sites for Businesses
LinkedIn - Best In Category LinkedIn is professional networking site. You can post a job for free on LinkedIn for visibility among your connections and in search results. You can have only one free job post open at a time. It’s a good practice to also write a post or add the “hiring” tag to your image for more visibility.
If you would like to reach more people, you can also consider adding a budget to your job post. You can set a daily budget or overall budget to make sure you don’t spend more than you’d like. According to LinkedIn, adding a budget to your job posts helps you get three times more qualified applicants through a more targeted and broader reach to the most relevant candidates on LinkedIn. For more information, check out our LinkedIn review.
Indeed is the world’s largest job-search engine with over 250 million job seekers. Employers can post jobs on Indeed for free and use the free applicant tracking system to keep track of candidates, resumes, interviews, etc. You can post jobs and manage candidates for free, no credit card necessary. However, you also can improve the visibility of your job post by sponsoring your post. Indeed is one of the best free job posting sites for employers because they’ve been one of the biggest for years and have the name recognition for job seekers. For more information, check out our Indeed review.
SimplyHired is a job search engine that collects job postings and resumes. You can post your job for free on SimplyHired. Your job posting will then be shared to over 100 job boards. SimplyHired uses Indeed to manage their job postings.
Ladders allows you to post 20 job postings for free. Additionally, they offer unlimited resume searches for free. Ladders does have some limitations when it comes to what positions you can post. Most professional job postings with salaries higher than $40,000 will be accepted.
JobSpider.com is a 100% free posting site for employers. Employers can post jobs, search resumes, search through the jobs, or create job alerts. JobSpider claims to have over 100,000 job seeker resumes on their site at any given time.
Hubstaff Talent reaches over 90,000 individuals monthly! On Hubstaff, you can post free job openings for full-time employees, temporary or contract roles or freelancers.
Facebook (Meta) Though Facebook (Meta) is a social networking site, you can post jobs as well. Candidates are likely already spending time on Facebook, so pushing out a job posting here makes sense. You can post a free job posting on Facebook via your company’s business page. Like other posts on Facebook, you can choose to boost your job to reach a larger or more targeted audience. If you aren’t familiar with Facebook terminology, to boost means to pay.
PostJobFree is just like it sounds! You can post jobs here for free. There are also options to use premium services to promote your job post on other job boards. However, these premium services are paid services.
Learn4Good is a free job posting site that allows you to post up to 20 job openings for free over the course of 6 months. Additionally, you can view resumes for free.
Startupers is the original startup job board that’s geared toward tech startups. It’s free to post as long as you have a Twitter account and an applicant tracking system. All jobs are reviewed to prevent unwanted spam.
Free Job Posting Sites For Hourly Employees
- HomeBase - Best in category Homebase makes it easy for employers to post hourly job openings for positions like waitstaff and retail clerks. This site sets you up with a career page for your website and posts your open jobs to multiple job boards. The basic plan is free for one location.
- When I Work is known for its shift scheduling and time-tracking apps that are available for free for businesses with under 75 employees. When I Work also has a free plan hiring app. The app lets you post jobs and find employees to fill those empty shifts.
Free Job Posting Sites For Developers and Tech
- Wellfound - Best in category Wellfound is similar to LinkedIn for the tech startup niche. Posting a job and hiring candidates are free through the site. Wellfound has more than 25,000 startup and tech companies as members and around 2.5 million active and passive candidates. For free, you can post unlimited job listings and get limited access to 2.3 million candidates and resume views. You can also choose to upgrade to get access to a wider pool of candidates.
- Recruiter allows you to post your jobs for free. There is no payment required unless you decide to hire someone. If you post a job and do not find any candidates, you do not pay anything. Recruiter helps you to hire talent by their abilities and potential, not just their resume.
- OptimHire gives employers free access to over 60 million candidates across the globe. You can start with a two-week trial. After the trial, there are more engaging services available.
Free Job Posting Sites To Find Freelancers
- Upwork - Best in category Upwork has no fees to the employer for posting. Employers are able to post jobs, track time, and manage contracts easily. Employers can also put parameters on job openings so that you only see the right applicants—based on ratings, location, or work experience. Pricing for Upwork has three tiers: “Free,” “Plus” which is $49 per month and “Business” $849 per month.
- Fiverr allows you to post your gig or job opening for free. There is no cost to post the job, however, once you find someone you would like to work with, you do pay a percentage rate to Fiverr in addition to paying the freelancer.
Free Niche Job Posting Sites/ College Students
Handshake - Best in category
Handshake allows businesses and recruiters access to post open jobs and hire college grads for free. Additionally, Handshake allows you to participate in campus events such as career fairs. Handshake has a standard free product that allows you to post jobs, register for events, and register for career fairs.
Chegg is a US-based site with a focus on hiring paid interns or interns paid with academic credit. This job site is for employers to post internships. Students who are seeking part-time and short term roles may even develop into full-time employees when they graduate. Employers can post internship positions for free.
National Labor Exchange is site run by the government that allows employers to post a job for free to state workforce systems. All jobs are indexed and posted on 1,000+ job boards if you provide a city and state location in your job post.
HotJobs.Vet is free to post jobs. If you’re looking to hire a veteran for an open position, consider posting on this site that focuses on matching military veterans with civilian job openings.
Free Job Posting Sites To Find Sales Professionals
- The Lions allows businesses and employers to add sales talent to their teams. The Lions runs on success on hire fee. If you successfully hire someone, only then do you need to pay a fee.
Job Posting Tips To Save Money & Maximize Recruiting Efforts
Write a quality job description
Save yourself time and money from the very start by writing a quality job description. Be sure to use keywords and set clear expectations. For example, if weekend shifts are necessary, state that information upfront in the job description in case that is a deal-breaker for a potential employee.
Also, be sure to outline commonly asked questions in the job description. If you include all the necessary information, this will reduce the time you spend answering questions about basic job position information.
You can also check out our guide on how to advertise a job.
Leverage referrals from current employees
It’s always smart to check with your current employees to see if they know someone who would be a good fit for an open position. This strategy is one of the easiest ways to save money and maximize recruiting efforts because it minimizes your search time and propels you directly to the interviewing process.
To encourage employees to share open positions, you could also offer incentives to encourage employees to bring new people onto the team.
Take advantage of technology
Take advantage of today’s technology. Use video interviews and phone interviews to save time and money while hiring. Video interviews are a great way to get to know a candidate without setting up an in-person interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best site to post a job?
The best site to post a job depends on your unique hiring needs. You can get started with ZipRecruiter for free!
Where can I post a job ad for free?
If you are wondering where to post job for free - you can post a job ad for free on Indeed, SimplyHired, Ladders, Job Spider, Facebook, Startupers, PostJobFree and Learn4Good.
Can you post on ZipRecruiter for free?
You can get started with ZipRecruiter for free. After your free trial, ZipRecruiter will work with you to customize a plan and price for your hiring needs.
Can you advertise jobs for free?
Sites like Indeed, SimplyHired and Ladders are 100% free places to advertise jobs. Other platforms offer free trials or may let you advertise your first job for free.
How can I get job seekers for free?
You can find job seekers for free by using free job posting sites like Indeed, SimplyHired and Ladders. You can also use social media, flyers and word of mouth to find job seekers for free.
Also keep in mind where job seekers are spending their time. If your ideal employee spends time on Facebook, you may want to share your job opening on your company page.
If you have a small budget for recruiting, posting on free job boards is a great place to start. Taking advantage of free job boards also allows you to post open positions to more than one site. This is a great way to cast a wide net when hiring.
We hope this guide to free websites for posting jobs was helpful! If you aren’t having luck with free job posting sites, our team has also researched the top job posting sites.