If you’re looking to fill an open position at your company, you may be wondering how to post a job on Facebook. The well-known social media platform has 2.6 billion monthly active users, so your advertisement is sure to be seen by many prospective candidates. We’ll show you how to get your job posted fast, so you can hire the talent you need.
Knowing where to distribute your job postings is essential to hiring. In addition to posting job openings on Facebook, we would also recommend posting via ZipRecruiter. With a single click, ZipRecruiter will distribute your job posting to 100+ job boards. As an employer, you can get started with ZipRecruiter for free. For other choices, check out the top job posting sites.
How To Post A Job On Facebook
Posting a job on Facebook is easy, and you can do it for free. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to your Facebook business page. Click on “manage jobs.” Then, click on “create job.”
2. Fill in every field on the form, including the job title, location, and type. Then, enter the job description, and provide details about the job’s pay and benefits.
3. To get more information from applicants, add screening questions. Facebook supplies some common questions, but you can write in your own. Available question types include multiple-choice, yes/no, or free-form text. You can also require applicants to submit a resume or an account of their work history.
4. Decide how you want to receive applications. Facebook provides a tool to receive, view, and manage them. But, if you prefer, you can opt to receive applications via email. In that case, you’ll have to provide an email address in your job post.
5. If you’re satisfied with your job advertisement, click “post.”
How to Boost Your Job on Facebook
Boosting your job on Facebook can help it get more views from your target audience, which increases your odds of filling the position. Here’s how to boost your job in seven simple steps:
Go to the feed on your Facebook business page and find your job post.
Click “boost post,” located on the bottom right-hand corner of the post.
Configure your target audience by selecting from the available criteria, such as location, education, job title, and more.
Set your total budget by going with Facebook’s recommendation or providing another amount.
Decide how long to run your ad by choosing Facebook’s suggestion or choosing a different duration.
Review or add your payment method.
Click “boost,” and you’re done!
Be sure to monitor your boosted post’s performance. That way, you can make adjustments to your ad if needed.
Facebook Job Posting Best Practices
Facebook has several rules about job posts that you need to know and follow. Your job posts can’t:
- Use profanity
- Be misleading or advertise a phony opportunity
- Recruit for roles involving sex, drugs, or illegal activities
- Ask applicants for personal or financial information
- Promote multi-level marketing (MLM) opportunities
- Discriminate against any protected class, such as race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, etc.
- Violate any state or federal employment laws
Aside from complying with these rules, there are some other things you can do to make your job post and company stand out:
- Make your post detailed but easy to understand. Potential applicants need clear information to decide if the role is right for them.
- Include a specific job title and exact location to help more people find your job.
- Ask extra questions. That way, you can rule out applicants who aren’t a fit without having to contact them.
- Add a photo that illustrates the position or captures what your company does. That way, people can imagine themselves in the job.
- Inform applicants where they stand as soon as possible, so they’re not left wondering.
- Use Facebook Messenger to contact candidates with follow-up questions or to schedule an interview.
- Manage your job post carefully. Mark it closed when you’ve hired someone, or renew it when it expires (every 30 days).
If you do everything above, you can feel confident that your job post is compliant and optimized for potential candidates.
If you are looking for a job, make sure your resume is ready to go before you start applying. You can get affordable resume help by working with a resume writing service.
When To Use Facebook For Hiring?
There are lots of ways to find candidates for your open position. Job boards like ZipRecruiter, Indeed, or Monster can help you reach active job seekers that want to find a new role now. On the other hand, Facebook enables you to cast a wider net and reach both active job seekers and qualified, passive talent.
Facebook users usually engage on the platform for recreation. But, if your job posting catches the right person’s eye, you could end up hiring someone who wasn’t planning to change jobs. For best results, your recruiting strategy should involve attracting both active and passive candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is posting a job on Facebook free?
Posting a job on Facebook is free. You can pay to boost the post to get it in front of more potential applicants, though.
Can I post a job on Facebook?
You can post a job on Facebook if you have a Facebook business page.
What are the advantages of posting on Facebook?
By posting a job on Facebook, you can reach a worldwide audience of more than two billion people. You can attract active job seekers and entice passive talent to give your role and company a look.
How much does it cost to boost a job post on Facebook?
The cost to boost a job on Facebook varies because you get to determine your budget. In general, the more you spend, the more visible your job post will be.
How do I manage job posts for my Facebook page?
To manage jobs for your Facebook page, go to your page and click “manage jobs” on the left-hand menu. Then, you can view applicants, mark jobs as closed, renew expiring posts, or create new posts.
The Bottom Line
Social media can be a significant boost to your candidate sourcing efforts. After reading this article, you should know how to post a job on Facebook. But, remember: your recruiting strategy needs to attract both passive candidates and active job seekers.
ZipRecruiter can help with all of your hiring needs. If you are ready to add to your team, consider listing your job opening on ZipRecruiter!