How does a working mother of 4 go from climbing the ladder to EVP in the most competitive real estate market in the world, to saying, whoa I need a break, to then founding a wellness company?
By tapping into a burning problem that she finally realized she had a unique advantage to create.
Patrice Meagher, founded MilkMate a unique workplace service that solves the problem young mothers face when needing to breast pump at work.
She's a mother of four who deeply felt this problem and was uniquely positioned to solve it. She just needed to figure out how. Ultimately instead of accepting the status quo, she decided to be a catalyst for change, and thank God she did.
Because she was entrenched in a 15+ year career in the corporate world, she could have packed it in and lived the good life. But she forged ahead driven by the purpose of empowering working mothers in the workplace.
Patrice's journey is one of resilience, innovation, and unwavering dedication to the well-being of working mothers everywhere. Her creation, MilkMate, is a testament to her commitment to positive change in the workplace.
So, stay tuned, folks! In our conversation with Patrice, we'll delve deeper into her journey, the incredible work of MilkMate, and the impact it's making on the lives of working mothers and their employers. You won't want to miss this inspiring discussion.
Note: In our audio recording, we mentioned that MilkMate was a venture-backed company. This is not accurate and was an error on our part.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN:
- Patrice's BREAK moments
- How Patrice focused on her transferrable skills when switching industries
- Patrice's journey breastfeeding as a new Mom in the workplace
- The pain points of pumping in the workplace
- Patrice's lightbulb moment for MilkMate
- Patrice's transition from the competitive real estate market to MilkMate
- What MilkMate is and how it can solve pumping pain points in the workplace
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- "I became obsessed with efficiency as a working parent." - quote from Patrice
- Shoe Dog - a book that Patrice recommends
- Burn Rate - another book that Patrice recommends
- "It's an evolution, not a revolution. It takes time." - quote from Patrice on anyone just starting their journey
- "I think all parents are working parents, whether they are working in the home or outside the home. We all should be in it together." - quote from Patrice
- The PUMP Act
- Office On Women's Health (OASH)
- Connect with Patrice on LinkedIn, Instagram, and the MilkMate website.