We're about to dive into the remarkable journey of a man who's no stranger to carving his own unique path in the world of technology, entrepreneurship, and creativity.
But before we get started, I'd like to extend a warm 'thank you' to all our listeners for tuning in. Your support and enthusiasm mean the world to us, and it's what keeps 'The Break' going strong.
Now, let's talk about our guest today. His name is Tim Noetzel, and he's not your average entrepreneur. Tim's story is a testament to the power of following your passions, embracing creativity, and never shying away from change and self-discovery.
In our conversation today, we'll take a deep dive into Tim's fascinating journey. From his humble beginnings scooping ice cream at Baskin Robbins to founding and eventually selling a marketing company in the beer industry, Tim's story is one of resilience, determination, and a relentless pursuit of his passions.
We'll explore his early influences, including struggles with reading and writing that ultimately led him to discover his love for both coding and literature. It's a story of how seemingly unrelated interests can converge to shape a one-of-a-kind career.
But that's not all. Tim's journey also highlights the importance of taking a portfolio approach to your career. Whether it's exploring various industries in consulting or taking the plunge into entrepreneurship, Tim's willingness to adapt, learn, and grow has been instrumental in his success.
So, without further ado, let's jump into this engaging discussion with Tim Noetzel. Get ready to be inspired and gain valuable insights into freelancing, entrepreneurship, and much more. Stay with us as we embark on another exciting episode of The Break Podcast.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN:
- How Tim thought his life would unfold at age 18
- Tim's first introduction to computers and programming
- An exercise Tim did to figure out what he wanted to do next
- Tim's BREAK stories and his journey to where he is now
- How to identify and communicate transferable skills in a job setting
- Tim's transition to being a freelancer
- Benefits of being a freelancer
- Tips for maximizing earnings as a freelancer
- Common concerns that individuals have when getting started as freelancers
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- "Try to pay attention to your internal motivations and try to let them guide you in the right direction." - quote from Tim
- What freelancing means
- How to become a freelance web developer
- "What successful freelancers do is work with the best clients. Good clients value and understand what you do and treat you like a partner." - quote from Tim
- Freelance GPS - Tim's company that can help you get started as a freelancer
- The First 20 Hours - a book Tim recommends
- "Treat your career and everything related to your career like an experiment." - quote from Tim
- Connect with Tim on his website, LinkedIn and Twitter.