Sometimes all it takes for a break moment is a conversation with an old friend.
Gabe Marusca, was born in Romainia, and started on a typical life. Low paying job, dreaming about doing something else. Then a friend shared his entrepreneurial knowledge and changed broke Gabe path and changed his life forever. Now Gabe is known as The Nomad Solopreneur, was a freelancer for nearly 6 years. In 2016, inspired by a new outlook, he started his solo web design business, Digital Finest, becoming a solopreneur.
For over 4 years, Gabe has managed his business while exploring the globe.
He has lived in 10 different countries and visited 26, giving him a unique perspective on remote work, which he believes is the future of work.
Gabe's mission is to help 10,000 freelancers escape the "time-for-money" trap. He shares actionable resources on that through his social media channels and weekly newsletter. In January 2023, he launched The Nomad Solopreneur Show. A podcast where he challenges his guests to find solutions to freelancers' everyday challenges.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN:
- Nomad Solopreneur - where Gabe is now, how he decides where to go next
- Gabe's BREAK moments
- How Gabe decided to start a side hustle and later go full-time on his side hustle
- How Gabe's family and friends reacted to him taking his side hustle full-time
- How Gabe prepared to go all in on his side-hustle
- What pulled Gabe toward being a digital nomad
- What Gabe does today and his mission to help 10,000 people become freelancers and build their own 1 person business
- Gabe's thoughts on the future of freelancing
- How Gabe is using AI in his business
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- "What if you go all-in on something and it doesn't work? You can always go back to your job." - quote from Gabe
- Fear setting - an exercise from Tim Ferris that Mike mentions
- "What's the best thing that could happen?" - a question that Gabe asks himself
- "If you want to work for yourself or explore working for yourself, step 1 is freelancing." - quote from Mike
- How To Become A Key Person Of Influence - book that Gabe mentioned
- The Art Of Thinking Clearly - another book that Gabe mentioned
- Connect with Gabe on his website, newsletter, podcast, web design services, LinkedIn, Threads, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok.